Heated Stone Massage
Heated Stone Massage uses smooth, heated basalt stones that are placed on acupressure points and knots in the body to relieve tension and stress. Oil is applied on the skin so the stones can be slid freely up and down major muscle groups to increase circulation and relieve pain and tension. Stones are also used as a massage tool to work out knots in the muscles.
Benefits of Heated Stone Massage
- Relieves pain and tension
- Deepens relaxation
- Increases blood circulation, lymph and digestive fluids
- Nurtures, relaxes and soothes tense aching muscles
- Brings deep penetrating warmth to muscles and channels of the body
- Warms and softens the fascia so knots can be worked out more easily
- Promotes balance and harmony
- Provides continuous heat therapy
Fees for Heated Stone Massage by Emily Richmond (Yuen)*:
$65 for 1.25 hours
* Heated Stone Treatments are available for in-office visits only.